Monday, July 28, 2008

Good Night Monday

This weekend was a full one. We dropped off Monkey Pants at the in-laws on Friday night and headed to a baby shower. We got to catch up with some old friends and have hotdogs at the same time. Old friends, hotdogs, and cute baby presents, what more could you ask for in a Friday night?

On Saturday I helped Jodie photograph a wedding. It was hot and sticky and hot but you are absolutely right Jod, we totally rocked that wedding. Here are a few of my favorite shots…




After the wedding I FINALLY had a little girls night out with my friend Beth. We needed a GNO really badly. We have been trying and trying to find a time when both husbands or someone, anyone, could watch our chillins at the same time so we could hang out and buy each other ice buckets for our birthdays. Yes, we are dorks and are fully aware of it. So, mission accomplished. We also managed to fit in a manicure and a margarita as well. NICE.

On Sunday we had grand plans for a family outing to the park. But Monkey decided to cry instead of nap and when we finally did get in the car I realized that I didn’t have the baby sunscreen. And then Shane and I got in a fight and I was all "Why are you mad at me?" and he was all "I'm not mad at you, you're mad at me." and then we were like man its stinkin hot out here. So, we went to the ice cream fountain instead. Sometimes you just need ice cream.

Today was a full day of work and play. Beth had Marlie for a bit today and I got some work done. And tonight we even snuck in a little pool time with friends.

This week there is a lot on my plate. Lots and lots of editing to do. Secondly, I need to evaluate this crazy schedule of mine and simplify some things. Late night working is wearing on me and then that effects my day with Marlie. And then we are both whiney and thats no good. The work has to get done, but we need to make some compromises here. What’s the solution? I don’t know yet, but I’m looking. Good night Monday.

No comments: