Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6 days

Oh man, this may be a long post so grab a drink and put your feet up. We still don’t have internet at the new place so who knows when I’ll be back here. So much has happened in the last 6 days that I can’t even sum it up. There were boxes, and there was rain, and there was a call to the police and there was a leak and there is a hole in our bathroom. But there was also wonderful movers, a beautiful house, a new washer and dryer that sings songs when it’s done, a monkey who loves to run in her new space, a supportive family helping, a husband that is always optimistic, and faith that this will all work out. Maybe God is just reminding me that it isn’t about the big place, and the things, but about my little family and sticking together? OK God, I get it now. Really, no more surprises OK?

Moving on…

Happy Belated Father’s Day Shane! He kinda got the shaft this year with all of the crazyness. But man I love that guy. I love the way Marlie laughs at him. I gave him this photo framed for his gift. The second I took it a few months ago I knew it would be his Father’s Day present.

Believe it or not I have had 2 photo shoots since we moved. WHAT? That seems nuts and it is nuts, but its true. Here is a sneak peak of the Fehrenbacher family shoot. Such a sweet family…

And yesterday I had my first shoot in my new studio space! This little man, Colin, was just a week or so old when he came for a visit.

And lastly, today I was feeling a tad down and worn out from all the house issues and Marlie was looking at me like enough with the sad face mom. So, I got out the crayons and paper for Marlie for the first time and let her go to town and then I got the camera out. Yes, I realize that she should have been playing with crayons by now I just kept forgetting to get some. And yes I realize I am artsy so I should have things like crayons around. My MIL got her some finally. Isn’t she the cutest? I put her little table and a few other toys in the studio and it makes for some great photo ops of her. This is her classic "oh no, she's got the camera out again" look.

Alright, thats all I got. I'll try to pop in the next few days. I said that last time didn't I? Well I said try.

2 comments:

cara harjes said...

happy moving! hope all is going well!
so glad your first shoot in your new place was a smashing success!!!

Matt, Katie, and Sophia! said...

Hang in there, girl! It will all be worth it in the end. Your pictures taken in the studio are amazing! Think you'll be available come September? :)
Love ya, girl!
K-Shaef