Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Charlie's newborn shoot

On Sunday Sarah and Scott brought Charlie over for her newborn shoot. The last time I had seen her was minutes after she was born. I thought she was cute then but somehow she has gotten even cuter.

Don't you love the funny little faces they make in their sleep?





We tried a new little hat. I love this little elfie hat on her.





This next shot is an example of why it is so important to take newborn photos as close the birth as you are comfortable with. At least within the first two weeks. Charlie is just about 5 days old here. They are so malleable when they are brand new!



We also tried out a new hammock prop. Not so sure I've got the hang of it yet, but Charlie was patient as I tried it out.



The two red heads...




She already has eyes for her momma.



Thanks you three!

11 comments:

Matt, Katie, and Sophia! said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I just can't wait to meet little Charlie in person! Great job capturing this lovely new family, Erin!

Katie said...

These are my favorite of your work yet! They're incredible, Erin! Love the shot of Scott and Sarah fuzzy in the background and the two of Scott and Charlie. So great! You're awesome!

P.S. Happy-Bar's-almost-done day!

Sara D. said...

Gorgeous!! There is something about the whole look of these that's stunning!

Julia said...

There's so much gravity to that first shot of Charlie and Scott--it made me tear up a little bit! What beautiful photos, Erin!

Anonymous said...

Too precious!!

Wendi Cupp said...

Wow!! These are PRECIOUS! Amazing job, Erin!

Karen Heyse said...

These are amazing photos....They bring tears to my eyes, because they truly capture that incredible wonder of birth, the awe, the mystery, and the gift. YOUR TALENT SHINES IN THESE PHOTOS !

JenHahn said...

Incredible! I love the hammock shots. Charlie is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi Erin,

I can't tell you how wonderful your photowork is...the series after her birth in the hospital, and Charlie's first "professional" poses. They capture something really special. Since we live in New Jersey, it makes us feel connected to our family. Thanks!

Aunt Sandy (Sgarlata Frech)

Anonymous said...

These are the BEST pics!! I love the new hat....SO TALENTED!! You go girl! emily d

Anonymous said...

Erin those pictures are perfect!!
-erin brady