Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a little more about the MJ2day

I didn't really get to blog too much about the amazing workshop I went to in Phoenix last week. When I got back home I hit the ground running with all kinds of things and I didn't get a chance to talk about it. So, lets back up a little bit.

Melissa Jill Hester is an amazing photographer based in Phoenix, AZ. She is just a few years older than me and already is a nationally recognized photogapher. So, when I heard she was having a workshop I jumped at the chance to go. My friend/second shooter at weddings, Jen, called me as soon as she heard about the workshop and we were the first to register.

There were 13 of us from all over. Such a fun group.


Melissa covered a ton of information in two days. Some of the things she covered...

shooting techniques
lighting
meeting with clients
posing
picking locations
post-processing
workflow
off-camera flash
albums
networking
blogging
pricing
branding

Oh my word. My brain is overflowing with all of this information! It was amazing/overwhelming. There are tons of changes I want to make to my business. I want them all to be done today but it is going to take a lot of time to get all this done. It is both daunting and exciting. I'm trying to realistic and just make small steps in the right direction.

On the last day Melissa treated us to a headshot session. Of course Jen and I snuck in a few of the two of us.



You know I usually hate photos of myself, but I love the ones Melissa took. Case in point: she is an amazing photographer.





One of my goals for the year was to attend a photography workshop. Check that one off the list!

5 comments:

Amy R. said...

You are beautiful - but not because of the pictures. The pictures are good though. :) And I think your work is good enough to be nationally recognized. I'll keep spreading the word....:)

Emily S. said...

you're looking great, Erin! Sounds like a fun time!

Beth said...

Those pics of you are waaaaaay cute. great shirt, great cardigan, gorgeous face...nice arms(had to throw that in :)

terri stipanovich said...

Yesterday was so fun! The girls loved the urban experience and we even ate in the loop afterward. Thanks for squeezing us in! I am so happy to know you and see your growth over the years as a photographer! When was our first shoot? Luke was definitely very young-maybe 4 years ago? Hard to believe. Thanks again.

Matt, Katie, and Sophia! said...

Um...I LOVE that last picture of you! All of them are great, but that one just stands out! You are lovely, my dear. Glad the workshop was fun and let the ideas flow!
<>< katie