Monday, December 15, 2008

Target chunks and bumber cars

Nearly every December I get the flu or some vicious cold that totally knocks me out. One time I even had to go to urgent care on Christmas day. So this time of year I get really nervous every time I go out. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but I always feel like there are just cold germs everywhere and I am breathing them and touching them and now I have Marlie to worry about too. So you can imagine my horror when this happened…

On Saturday My mom and Marlie and I ventured out to Target to pick up a few things. We were walking up to the entrance when I noticed some chunky grossness on the sidewalk in front of us and tiptoed around it. Just when I realized that it was probably puke, a target employee who was out taking care of the mess tossed a big bucket of water on the chunks splashing it and sloshing it all right where we were walking. Mom and I jumped up disgusted and looked at each other like, “Did that really just happen?” When we looked over at the Target guy he looked straight at us and said “Merry Christmas!”. Come on, are you serious? Now that is some horrible customer service.

If I get sick I’m blaming on that guy. But I still love Target. I can’t help it.

Today was just about as fantastic as that Target trip. The roads were incredibly icy this morning and Shane and Marlie got in a fender bender on the way to Beth's house. I didn't feel good about it when they left this morning and then freaked when the phone rang and I heard Shane on the other end. They are both completely fine but my heart was at my toes until I realized that.

So our car is banged up and in the shop. And my completely stressed out husband had all that heaped on top of everything else today. Ug. But, the three of us are home. Monkey is sound asleep in bed and Shane is studying in the office and that is what really matters.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is a better day. Christmas, you couldn't come soon enough! I think some gift wrapping will happen tomorrow. That always cheers me up.

No comments: