Wednesday, December 24, 2008



I can't tell you how wonderful it was to hear the sound of Shane and Marlie laughing in the next room today as I did some baking in the kitchen. Its so nice having him home and I can tell that Marlie agrees.

This year we are on our own for Christmas Eve and its pretty nice. We hung out in our PJs all day and then got all dressed up and went to church together. Now Marlie is in bed and Shane and I are eating dinner, playing scrabble, making milk shakes, setting out presents and stuffing stockings and being giddy like little kids.

Tomorrow morning we will continue our little family's tradition of waffles with strawberries and ice cream for breakfast. Its something Shane and I started on our first Christmas together and this is the first year that Monkey pants will be able to partake. Then we'll read the account of Christmas in one of the gospels. And then...presents.

I'll be taking a few days off from blogland to relax and refuel. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Here is miss Monkey Pants last Christmas. Oh that face!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm pretty jealous of your Christmas traditions!! hope yall have a happy new year!!!