Tuesday, January 19, 2010

and also...

6) paint two paintings that have been swimming around in my head for months.

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I am finding myself a little without words these days. I did want to pop in and tell you about this great thing I am trying.

E-mealz. I heart e-mealz.com. I read about it on a friend's blog (thanks Wendi!). I have always struggled with meal planning and grocery shopping. I try and plan out meals for the week and do one big shopping trip. What always happens is I sit down with a pen and paper and stare at it blankly trying to think of dinner ideas. Then after that I dread making the long list, thinking of all of the ingredients for meals and all the extra stuff we need.

Enter e-mealz.com. You pay $5 a month and they send you a dinner menu for 5 days, the cooking instructions, and a categorized shopping list of all of the ingredients. There are different types of menus to choose from depending on how many are in your family and any dietary restrictions. And you know what really hooked me? They have a Weight Watchers menu! It is amazing. Each dinner is healthy and the menu tells me how many WW points the meal is worth. If you have ever done WW or any diet for that matter then you know how PHENOMENAL that is! It is so easy to get stuck in a rut with the same dinners. On WW I run out of meal ideas and start to think I have to survive on nothing but turkey dogs and salad. Not anymore!

I am not a picky eater really, but the meals have been great! And really easy to cook. No super complicated recipes. Our grocery bill has been almost exactly the same as before when I was buying a few planned out meals and then winging the rest of the dinners. I have heard that if you don't do one of the diet menus then your bill will be substantially lower.

Anyway, its awesome. It could change your life. I am not getting paid by e-mealz.com to say that either. That's all I got today folks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to check out the e-mealz. I always over buy or don't have that one ingredient. I think this could really help! Thanks for the tip.
Jen

Lindsey said...

I think your 2010 goals sound just great! And I'm off to visit e-mealz. I dread dinner planning, too!

Armstrong's said...

So funny- I just heard about emealz from someone else- signed up this past weekend- it was great. Hope you guys are doing well!!

Amy R. said...

Oh Erin, you are are a lifesaver! Erin Bookout and I were just talking about your post. Remember when I was freaking out after Jensen was born and needed help with meals? This would have been awesome then, but you were also wonderful in helping me.

Anonymous said...

I am totally going to try this!! Thanks Erin!
erin brady

Anne S said...

I am eager to see the paintings swirling around in your head!