Wednesday, March 17, 2010

wise advice



The other day I was getting Marlie in to her pj's when she gave me some very wise advice. I was buttoning up her jammie top over her pudgie little belly. She was very quiet. Then she looked at me, smiled real big and said...

"Be yourself."

"What buddy?" I asked

"Be yourself!" she repeated giggling and jumping up and down

"That's right Marlie, you should be yourself." I replied

I would like to think that this is a sign that I am teaching Marlie great things but I'm pretty sure she got it from a Disney movie she watched earlier that day. Oh well, its great advice either way.

So, thanks for the reminder Monkey Pants. I will try my best to be myself.

1 comment:

Amy R. said...

I love this. You are such a great mom to Marlie. She may have heard it in a Disney movie, but the smiles, giggles, and joy that Marlie has is all you. :)