Friday, March 12, 2010

bent

I can't believe its Friday already. This week flew by and I'm feeling a little like this bent fence in our park.



Sometimes mothering is a bit harder than usual and this week was definitely one of those times. It seems someone replaced my sweet, gentle little Monkey Pants with a screeching, angry spider monkey. She had an ear infection but by mid-week I realized you can only blame things on that for so long.

The easy thing to do would be to let her throw fits and get her way all of the time and let her run our little house like a queen. But I know that isn't what is best for her in any way, or for me. What is best for her is to be firm, consistent, and loving, and teach her how to behave. Teach her how to treat others and herself. Not just that, but show her how her behavior comes from how she feels in her heart. And it is so stinking hard.

I love my Monkey Pants and that is precisely why this week was so rough. I hate seeing her upset. I have hope for a fun and relaxing weekend with less crying so we'll see how it goes!

Today I'm off to a photo shoot in a bit and I got to spend the morning with some of my favorite people. Marlie is at Gunnie and Papa's today, no doubt enjoying some time away from me :).

Hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anne S said...

Thank you for your honest parenting! It's a hard job, but your sweet daughter has one good momma.