Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ahhh that's better

Yesterday was much better than Monday. Sure, there were hiccups and frustrations but I didn't feel the need to disappear under the covers so that is a good sign. I got some work done, got a ton of collages packed up for shipping with Beth, and with the help of my friend Amy and this bloggin lady Kristal bought not one, but TWO cardamom candles on ebay. I had looked there before and not found any and then these ladies looked for me and there they were. Thanks guys that was so great of you.

In the afternoon I snagged some time to take Monkey Pants for her first haircut. I had avoided it as long as I could, but look at this kid. It was time.

My brother's wedding is this weekend and she is going to be a flower girl so it was time to shape up that mop. She was amazingly good. I couldn't really believe that she just sat there.

When she got a little wiggly they gave her a lollipop and she was happy. Of course then it turned in to a very sticky hairy lollipop which was pretty gross.

At first I wasn't so sure about the cut. My stomach kind of sank when they were done. My mother in law was with us and she said "Well, she kind of looks like Price Valiant." Oh yeah, that is exactly the look I was going for. But this morning it looks better and I gotta say its nice not to have to keep getting those bangs out of her food. She looks like a little girl instead of a baby. Sigh.

Today I have some help with Marlie so I'll be running errands and wrapping up some work. Amazingly I am almost done with the bulk of my busy season editing. I was careful to make sure this year that my insanity with work would be mostly over by the time Shane's insanity with finals comes around. Thats the way it needs to be because our family does not do well if we are both losing our minds. Shane needs a calm clean house and dinners and treats during that time and I going to do my best. For the first time in a long time I can see the end in sight. And at the end is Christmas and I love that.

Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for the shout out! Glad your Tuesday was better than your Monday. But really...who ever has a good Monday?! ;)

Emily S. said...

yay for you! Getting on top of things, even if only for brief moments, feels SO good!

:)