Monday, August 22, 2011

U2 2011



Mid July some of our great friends came in town for the U2 concert. About 2 years ago we saw U2 in Chicago with some of the same friends and I was so mad at myself for not bringing my camera because we ended up getting crazy close to the stage. Well, this time I grabbed my camera, put on my 50mm lens and prayed we would get close again...and boy did we.



Its a good thing, because I don't know if I'll ever be able to do general admission again. First of all, most of the girls had to stay behind until the last minute because we are all breastfeeding so we sat around pumping; not quite the pre-party of our younger days. Secondly, I had to wear a back support brace due to the mess my abs are after having a 9lb 6oz baby. Thirdly, I had to wear running shoes and socks with shorts (leaving me looking like an American tourist) to further help my back. Lastly, we all piled in our new minivan to get to the concert. This is all proof that we are in fact, getting old.



The concert was, of course, amazing. It was worth all the standing and sweating (it was about 100 degrees outside). There is only one thing that disappointed me, and this is where I confess a secret life long dream. Sometimes U2 sings "Mysterious Ways" at their concerts, and when they do Bono pulls a girl up on stage to dance with him. I have secretly always wanted to be that girl. I mean...it would be amazing. At this summer's concert they sang the song and we were right by the stage and Bono even walked right by us in the beginning. My heart was beating so fast as he got closer to us...I thought that my dream might come true. But also I was panicking, because people...I had a back brace on and those socks and tennis shoes with shorts! So embarrassing, and more likely that I would move in awkward ways, not mysterious ways. I may as well have had pleated mom jeans on up to my neck. So, in the end, it was better he didn't choose me. In fact he didn't choose anyone for some reason.



So, maybe I will have to stand in general admission again. Someday Bono...someday. And next time I'll try and dress a little more mysteriously.



1 comment:

Linda said...

Great pictures, Erin! I'm sure next time he will choose you:).