Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Marlie

Dear Marlie,

Today I saw our rain boots lined up next each other and I teared up a little. I know that I am a little emotional these days, but it just got me thinking about me and you.



I am really excited about your little brother who is coming so soon. But I must admit Monkey Pants, that I am a little sad that the days of just me and you are coming to an end.



With Daddy at school and work over the last 4 years, we've spent a whole lot of time together, just the two of us. And I've loved it. You are my little side kick. My favorite munchkin. My sweet girl.



I know you will be a great big sister. I know we will have some hard days getting used to this big change. I also know we will work it out and be just fine.

Thanks for scratching my itchy belly and letting me sleep a little longer in the mornings. Also, thank you for not liking peanut butter so I can keep all of my Girl Scout Cookies to myself. Thanks for everything. I love you to pieces. - Mommy

5 comments:

Beth said...

That made ME cry! You're right, you two will be just fine, but I remember those feelings like it was yesterday. You're a great mama lady...

Non said...

Such a good mama and such tender times. You'll be better than fine with baby bro and you'll always have these sweet years to roll back to in your mind. Nothing better in this life.

Emily S. said...

I totally get that. TOTALLY. Noah and I have such a good groove right now... I'm sad for the changes, even though they'll be amazing changes...

LOVE the photos. The boots one, too.

{hugs}

Molly said...

FANTASTIC post, Erin!

Lindsey P. said...

So sweet. Thanks for sharing. I felt the same way saying goodbye to my Amelia-only days. But you'll love what comes next!