Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This and That

So here is the story behind the name of my blog. A year or so ago, before there was a monkey pants running around this house, I used to enjoy sleeping very much. And there was a particular time when I was in a bit of a funk. When you work for yourself and no one is telling you to get going, it is easy to be a little unmotivated at times. Especially when your big bed is so nice and warm and your husband is already off to work so you can take up the whole thing and stretch and curl up your toes. So, I got in the habit of sleeping in quite a bit longer than anyone probably should on a daily basis. But, I felt guilty that my machine of a husband was getting up before sunrise, working out, going to work all day and then class all night. I mean who does that? And I was snoozing it up.

One morning the phone rang and woke me up at like 10:30. I popped out of bed to answer it and pretend like I wasn't sleeping. It was Shane. "Hi babe, whatcha been doin?" He asked. Mortified at the true answer I vaguely answered "Oh, this and that." and quickly changed the subject. I wasn't exactly lying right? By a few days later my conscience got the best of me and I confessed to him "Remember the other day when I said I had been just being doing this and that? Well, this was sleeping and that was snoozin." Of course I have the sweetest husband so he just laughed at me. Although I did get wakeup calls earlier in the morning for a while.

But oh friends, that was then and this is now. Its 9:30 and already today I have been to the grocery store, gone to the license burea, and dropped Shane off at work. Monkey pants is not in to the whole sleeping in thing. I bring her in bed with me in the morning and she smacks me in the face and tries to crawl off the bed until I can't contain her anymore. So, now most days this and that means running all day trying to get a bazillion things done like a spastic lady. But look at her, how could I argue with this face?

Today is a crazy day. Shane and I are leaving tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn for Oregon for a few days. It will be our first time away from Marlie for a significant amount of time. It will be hard to leave her but she will be with family that she loves. This is a much needed trip after a long year of work and law school for Shane, and monkey wrangling and art making for me. Shane has arranged for a massage for me while we are there and you know we will be sleeping in. HEAVEN. I don't know if I'll have internet access so I might not be posting for a few days.

Alright, I gotta get movin! Laundry, packing, cleaning, monkey wrangling, and possibly some photo editing. And I gotta go to Sprint since my cell phone has decided it will hang up on everyone I call after the first ring. Sweet.

1 comment:

k. randolph said...

Erin,
Love the blog. I'm not much of a blog checker, per se, but I am today! Seriously...who could argue with a face like that?! What a sweet little monkey. Also, love the new site. You're so very creative and inspiring. I hope you have a fantastic time in OR. You deserve it!
HIS <><,
Lauren
ps I can't believe you're moving!